West Nidaros Lutheran Church offers a variety of fun, active, and inspirational opportunities for young people from our church and the community to make lasting friendships and share Christ’s love with all.
- Children ages 3 years and up attend Sunday School and participate in Vacation Bible School.
- Elementary age youth enjoy iFaith the first Wednesday of the month during the school year.
- Confirmation age youth attend Wednesday dinner and classes during the school year, Confirmation Camp during the summer, and various fellowship events and service projects throughout the year. Confirmation for 9th grade students is in the fall with a retreat and Celebration of Passage.
- Summer Stretch is for 6th to12th grade students on Wednesdays during the summer.
- High School ministry gathers on Sundays during Sunday School and Wednesday nights. They attend Youth Gatherings and have awesome summer adventures.
- Our Milestone Ministry celebrates steps in a young person’s life each year. The milestones we celebrate include children receiving bibles in third grade, learning how to acolyte in fourth grade, and receiving their first communion in fifth grade, as well as starting school, learning to drive, graduating from high school and so on as they grow in Christ’s love at West Nidaros
Sunday School begins again on Rally Sunday: Sunday, September 10, 2017!! You can register your child for Sunday School then, or print the Sunday School Registration Form and send it to the church. Sunday School classes are for ages 3 and up and they meet at 9:15 am between worship services throughout the school year.
On Wednesday evenings during the school year, Confirmation students gather at 5:30pm for dinner provided by confirmation families, then they participate in classes and small groups from 6:00 to 7:00pm. Jessi Rakness, our Youth and Family Minister, teaches the classes, while parents serve as small group leaders. The students attend weekly worship services and Sunday School on Sundays, and participate in three fellowship events and various service projects.
High School Ministry begins Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 7:05 pm. High School Ministry meets Wednesdays from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the Youth Room at the church as well as during the Sunday School hour throughout the school year.
Milestone Ministry is not a program – it is a way of life! West Nidaros Lutheran Church provides opportunities to celebrate important events in the lives of our children, youth, and adults and helps parents fulfill their Baptismal promises even as we, the church, fulfill our promises.
Summer Stretch is a summer ministry for 6th through 12th grade students meeting on Wednesdays in June and July. Students spend their mornings working on a service project and their afternoons having fun at Wild Water West. Parents help with transportation
During the summer, we have Vacation Bible School. For four days, everyone gathers in our Family Life Center, then we get into groups to enjoy fun bible lessons, movies, music, crafts, snacks and more! Everyone is invited to join us; visitors are encouraged and welcomed to participate, teach and help during this exciting week.
iFaith begins Wednesday, September 9, 2015! iFAITH is an active after school ministry for 4th, 5th and 6th graders that meets on the first Wednesday of each month throughout the school year. Jessi, our Youth and Family Minister, leads the kids in sharing highs and lows, playing awesome games, enjoying delicious snacks, and learning a short bible lesson.