West Nidaros Lutheran Church offers a variety of fun, active, and inspirational opportunities for young people from our church and the community to make lasting friendships and share Christ’s love with all.
- Children ages 3 years and up attend Sunday School and participate in Vacation Bible School.
- Elementary age youth enjoy iFaith the first Wednesday of the month during the school year.
- Confirmation age youth attend Wednesday dinner and classes during the school year, Confirmation Camp during the summer, and various fellowship events and service projects throughout the year. Confirmation for 9th grade students is in the fall with a retreat and Celebration of Passage.
- High School ministry gathers on Wednesday nights. They attend Youth Gatherings and have awesome summer adventures.
- Our Milestone Ministry celebrates steps in a young person’s life each year. The milestones we celebrate include children receiving bibles in third grade, learning how to acolyte in fourth grade, and receiving their first communion in fifth grade, as well as starting school, learning to drive, graduating from high school and so on as they grow in Christ’s love at West Nidaros
Sunday School begins the first Sunday after Labor Day! You can register your child for Sunday School then, or print the Sunday School Registration Form and send it to the church. Sunday School classes are for ages 3 and up and they meet at 9:20 am between worship services throughout the school year.
On Wednesday evenings during the school year, 7th grade confirmation students meet at 5:30 PM and 8th grade students at 6 PM with a meal served by confirmation families at 6 PM. Elise Hasche, our Youth and Family Minister, teaches the classes. The students attend weekly worship services, assist with Sunday School on Sundays, and participate in three fellowship events and various service projects.
High School Ministry meet Wednesday from 7:05 PM to 8:05 PM during the school year in the Youth Room. They also participate in yearly summer trips that rotate through ELCA Youth Gatherings, Outdoor/Adventure and Service trips.
Milestone Ministry is not a program – it is a way of life! West Nidaros Lutheran Church provides opportunities to celebrate important events in the lives of our children, youth, and adults and helps parents fulfill their Baptismal promises even as we, the church, fulfill our promises.
During the summer, we have Vacation Bible School. For four days, everyone gathers in our Family Life Center, then we get into groups to enjoy fun bible lessons, movies, music, crafts, snacks and more! Everyone is invited to join us; visitors are encouraged and welcomed to participate, teach and help during this exciting week.
iFAITH is an active after school ministry for 4th, 5th and 6th graders that meets on the first Wednesday of each month from 4-5PM throughout the school year. Elise, our Youth and Family Minister, and Jessi, our Faith Formation minister, lead the kids in sharing highs and lows, playing awesome games, enjoying delicious snacks, and learning a short bible lesson.